How To Do Your Taxes, with host Allison Hickman
Are you ready to settle up with Uncle Sam in April? Get started early, or at least figure out what you're doing when it comes to filing taxes. The Student Alumni Association will introduce you to Allison Hickman, Tech alumna, CPA, and Vice President of Administration for the Alumni Association who will help you understand how to file your taxes.
Topics Covered Include:
- Tax terms and language
- Deciding whether to and what to file
- Choosing a form
- Determining your tax withholding
- Information to gather to file your return
- Mailing versus online filing
- Benefits of doing it yourself or hiring an accountant; when to and not to
- Deductions to consider (student loan interest, moving for a job, etc.)
- Which states do you have to file in
Event is free but requires online registraion. Register online to attend. Dinner provided.
International Students: Rather than attend this session, please visit the Office of International Education's website for information on filing taxes as an international student.