Passengers board a Tech Trolley in Tech Square
- Available Resources: We will be easy to contact and make it easy for stakeholders to determine who they should contact.
- Responding to Calls and E-mail: We will respond to all priority contacts within 24 hours or one business day, or refer the request to someone who can and will respond promptly.
- Voicemail and E-mail When Away from Office: Any time we are away from the office for more than 24 hours, we will change our voicemail and e-mail to reflect our absence and refer incoming queries to someone who is available and can help. When we are absent, we will ensure that our deadlines are met.
- External E-mail Received through Georgia Tech Web Site: We will respond to legitimate requests received through the Georgia Tech Web site within one business day.
- Annual Planning: We will develop an annual communications and marketing plan for the Institute. To help our customers think long-term and more strategically, annual communications and marketing plans should be developed for Institute priorities. Proactive planning positions Communications & Marketing as a strategic and consultative partner and also allows us to plan our year more effectively, ensuring that the right resources are available for key initiatives. Ideally, planning meetings should take place before the start of the fiscal year, during the budgeting process, and be initiated by Communications & Marketing.
- Status Reports: We will keep our clients up to date on the status of their projects. The "no surprises" rule is in effect.
- Face-to-Face Interaction: In-person meetings foster better relationships, and we should seek out opportunities to interact face to face with our colleagues and stakeholders.
- Communications: We will communicate our successes and capabilities to the Institute on a regular basis by the best means available.
- Educational Outreach: We will provide educational opportunities on various communications and marketing topics. Educating our stakeholders positions us as the communications and brand experts at Georgia Tech.