February 17, 2013 | Atlanta, GA
Georgia Tech’s Campus Conservation Nationals team is looking for new members dedicated to saving energy and water on campus. This year, Georgia Tech’s residence halls will be competing in the largest energy and water reduction competition in the world. The competition will run from April 1–21 and will include every residence hall on campus.
A first meeting will take place Thursday, Feb. 21, at 11 a.m. in the Crescent Room of the Student Center.
Leadership Team Open Positions:
- Logistics and Technical Manager: Manages data and social media.
- Dorm Captain Manager: Oversees all dorm captains and motivates participants.
- Events and Direct Action Manager: Organizes kick-off and promotional events.
- Marketing Manager: Creates marketing plan, advertising materials, messaging, graphics, educational materials
- Award Manager: Manages weekly prizes and overall award for competition winner.
- March 4: Leadership team trained, communications plan established, Building Captains registered and trained; baseline period begins.
- March 11: Media blitz in all dorms on campus and in the community.
- March 25: Kick-off Party or event; dorm occupant education.
- April 1: Competition begins; continued media and events.
- April 21: Competition ends; prizes awarded.
Students interested in joining the leadership team or helping out with the competition should contact Jennifer Krajewski in Facilities.