- You are here:
- GT Home
Ivan Allen College and the Center for Urban Innovation presents a discussion with the experts from Minneapolis/St. Paul and Portland who are planning new approaches to urban living.
Todd Graham, Principal Forecaster, Metropolitan Council of the Twin Cities
Sonny Condor, Principal Researcher, Portland Metro Research Center
Jennifer Clark, Director, Center for Urban Innovation, Ivan Allen College, Georgia Tech
Portland, Oregon’s metropolitan government, Metro, is the only elected regional planning agency in the US. Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota’s regional government, The Met Council, is the only regional government with similar planning authority. Together, the Twin Cities and Portland represent the most sustained, integrated, and comprehensive approach to regional government including city services and long-term planning for transportation, economic development, and demographic transitions in the US.
About the speakers:
Todd Graham is a principal forecaster for the Metropolitan Council of the Twin Cities, where he provides project leadership and expertise in development monitoring, land use economics, demography, and economic analysis projects and products.
Sonny Conder is the Principal Researcher within the Economic and Land Use Forecasting Section of the Portland Metro Research Center. Sonny has developed and operates MetroScope, one of the first explicit “market based” integrated land use and transportation models to be in regular use by an MPO (Portland Metro).
- Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) at Georgia Tech http://ite.ce.gatech.edu/
- Public Policy Graduate Student Association of Georgia Tech http://jacketpages.gatech.edu/organizations/view/28236
- Georgia Tech Student Planning Association (SPA) http://georgiatechspa.com/
- Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS) – Georgia Tech Chapter http://wtsatgt.blogspot.com/
- The Brook Byers Institute for Sustainable Systems: http://www.sustainable.gatech.edu/