May 2, 2013 - What do all Twitter users want? Followers – and lots of them. But unless you're a celebrity, it can be difficult to build your Twitter audience (and even some celebs have trouble). Looking at a half-million tweets over 15 months, a first-of-its-kind study from Georgia Tech has revealed a set of reliable predictors for building a Twitter following.
February 7, 2013 - As technology continues to transform the business of news dissemination, what role does computation play in the practice of journalism—both today and in the future? Last week, the Georgia Tech College of Computing tried to answer that question through the second “Computation + Journalism Symposium,” held Jan. 31-Feb. 1.
January 4, 2013 - "Had we hit the fiscal cliff, the effects would have hurt but not nearly as much as advertised," wrote Economics Professor Danny Boston. "There would have been time and opportunity to cut a deal to remove more uncertainty regarding the country’s current and future debt. Instead, we panicked and struck a problematic deal."
December 12, 2012 - A new study highlights the role of “helpful” colleagues – those who, for instance, provide feedback on the papers of other scientists and are willing to serve as a sounding board for new ideas.
- Institute and Campus News
- Research News
- Aerospace News
- Architecture News
- Biotechnology, Health, Bioengineering, and Genetics News
- Business News
- Cancer Research News
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering News
- City Planning, Transportation, and Urban Growth News
- Computer Science/Information Technology and Security News
- Digital Media and Entertainment News
- Energy News
- Engineering News
- Environment News
- Life Sciences and Biology News
- Military Technology News
- Music and Music Technology News
- Nanotechnology and Nanoscience News
- Physics and Physical Sciences News
- Policy, Social Science, and Liberal Arts News
- Robotics News
- Digital Lounge News