May 14, 2013 - Active Design: Affordable Designs for Affordable Housing is a new report that builds on the Active Design Guidelines published by New York City in 2010. The report examines strategies and costs for incorporating active design principles specifically aimed at increasing physical activity among children ages 3 to 18 years old in family-focused affordable housing developments.
"Rise of the Drones": Schools of Building Construction and Aerospace Engineering Collaborate to Investigate Potential Applications of Drone Technology in Construction.
January 23, 2013 - School of Building Construction Assistant Professor Dr. Javier Irizarry and School of Aerospace Engineering Associate Professor Dr. Eric Johnson were awarded $74,984 from the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) to evaluate the potential uses of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) or "Drones" for safety inspections, surveying, bridge inspections, and other applications.
December 10, 2012 - Industrial Design undergraduates and their instructors displayed their best at Georgia Tech's Fall 2012 Capstone Design Expo.
November 30, 2012 - Innovative undergraduate design studio to develop an ecologically senstive gambling casino site in Mississippi.
- Institute and Campus News
- Research News
- Aerospace News
- Architecture News
- Biotechnology, Health, Bioengineering, and Genetics News
- Business News
- Cancer Research News
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering News
- City Planning, Transportation, and Urban Growth News
- Computer Science/Information Technology and Security News
- Digital Media and Entertainment News
- Energy News
- Engineering News
- Environment News
- Life Sciences and Biology News
- Military Technology News
- Music and Music Technology News
- Nanotechnology and Nanoscience News
- Physics and Physical Sciences News
- Policy, Social Science, and Liberal Arts News
- Robotics News
- Digital Lounge News