Posted February 22, 2012 Atlanta, GA
Campaign for EveryBody
Body image is an issue among students of all ages and genders, and the Georgia Tech Body Image Committee is hoping to give Tech students a boost in their own perspective with the Campaign for EveryBody.
During the fifth annual weeklong event from Feb. 26 – March 2, students will have the opportunity to examine their perceptions of body image and participate in discussions about body image issues on campus. Events include:
- Women’s Basketball Game: Sunday, Feb.26, 2 p.m., Forbes Arena, Morehouse College. Cheer on the Yellow Jackets as they take on the Clemson Tigers.
- Treadfit Class: Monday, Feb. 27, 12 p.m., Campus Recreation Center. CRC members are invited to this GIT FIT class for no charge. Visit www.crc.gatech.edu for more information.
- Cardio Kickboxing Class: Monday, Feb. 27, 5:30 p.m., Campus Recreation Center. CRC members are invited to this GIT FIT class for no charge. Visit www.crc.gatech.edu for more information.
- Viewing of Miss Representation: Tuesday, Feb. 28, 7:30 p.m., Clough Commons Auditorium. Watch a documentary exploring the challenges women face in the U.S., followed by a panel discussion with Tech students and staff. This event is co-sponsored by the Department of Housing and the Women’s Resource Center.
- Open Mic Night: Wednesday, Feb. 29, 7 p.m., Resource Room, Clough Commons. This program will give students an opportunity to express feelings and emotions surrounding body image and culture. It is co-sponsored by Erato and the Office of International Education.
- Presentation about the Eating Disorder Treatment Team: Thursday, March 1, 8:15 to 9:15 a.m., Room 117, Student Services (Flag) Building. Come learn about the newly-created GT Eating Disorder Treatment Team.
- Eating Disorder Screening Day: Thursday, March 1, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Piedmont Room, Student Center. A screening will be administered by the GT Eating Disorder Team for students to assess their risk for disordered eating. It is co-sponsored by the Counseling Center. Visit www.collegeresponse.org to take the online screening.
- Yoga Class: Thursday, March 1, 7:30pm, Campus Recreation Center. CRC members are invited to take this GIT FIT class for no charge. Visit www.crc.gatech.edu for more information.
- Women’s Night on the Wall: Friday, March 2, 7 p.m., CRC Climbing Wall. Have you ever wanted to try the rock climbing wall at the CRC? Now is your chance! This event is co-sponsored by Women’s Awareness Month and ORGT. Participants will be charged a small fee for equipment rental.
- Tech Chef Cooking Competition: Saturday, March 3, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., North Avenue Dining Hall. This program is a nutritional cooking competition for GT students. Participants and spectators are welcome. Visit www.techchef.gatech.edu for more information. It is co-sponsored by CHEFS (Cooks for Heritage, Fellowship and Service).
- GT Body Peace Treaty: Sign by “liking” this on the GT Campaign for EveryBody Facebook page. The GT Body Peace Treaty encourages positive self-image among GT students. It includes self-affirming personal statements to help students feel good about themselves. All students can sign the GT Body Peace Treaty.
- MyStudentBody: Visit www.mystudentbody.com to login. This online program allows students to explore different modules related to body image issues.