Ensure Georgia Tech's Research Preeminence
- Research to address complex system-level problems related to the environment, energy, economic development, and the health and well-being of people.
- The need to be an international leader in attracting and retaining leading faculty researchers.
- Ensuring that funding for important research continues to be available, including business and philanthropic organizations as well as government.
- Key research centers based on partnerships and strategic alliances could be located on every continent.
- Becoming distinguished as a center for policy on science and technology.
- Interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research and emerging and converging technologies in nanotechnology, biotechnology, information technology, cognitive sciences, policy studies, and law.