Lead in Big Payoff, Transdisciplinary Areas
- Addressing significant societal problems of global scale such as global health and trade/commerce:
- across disciplines (unique perspectives that come from the integration of technology with economics and policy),
- research result maturity (ability to rapidly move ideas from the lab/classroom to demonstrable/scalable solution to fielded application), and
- across time/space (by fully engaging Georgia Tech alumni and an integrated network of global research partners).
- Examples: Building on successful models (existing collaborative partnership with Emory and Children's Healthcare, the proximity to CDC, and Georgia's role in global logistics and trade).
- Examine other potential areas for success.