SKY Happiness Retreat is a total well-being training offered to thousands of university students, faculty, and staff across the country. Participants gain foundational stress-management skills, develop a personal evidence-based breathing and meditation practice, learn a short personal yoga practice, and increase social connection and leadership skills. The SKY Happiness Retreat introduces SKY Meditation, an evidence-based meditation practice integrated with breath work that can significantly increase one's well-being and calmness, and significantly reduces anxiety and stress markers. The course features interactive group processes, experiential learning, emotional intelligence training, breath-work, yoga, and evidence-based meditation. It's one of the coolest places to connect with yourself, make awesome friends, and, most importantly, have fun!
The cost of SKY Happiness Retreat is:
- All Students - $125 - apply at SKYGT-Student (limited scholarships are available)
- University faculty/staff - $245 - apply at SKYGT-Non-Student
There are limited scholarship spots available for this retreat. Availability is first-come-first-serve and requires attendance to all sessions.
If you are not a student & have financial restrictions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org upon completion of this application. On a rolling basis, partial scholarship for the SKY Happiness Retreat may be granted.
SKY Happiness retreat will be held online:
- September 23 (Fri): 6:30 pm- 9:30 pm EST
- September 24-25 (Sat & Sun): 10:00 am-1:00pm EST
Location : Centennial Suite (next to North Ave Dining)
IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE FILLING THE APPLICATION:
Since limited spots are available, please apply ONLY if you can ATTEND all 3 sessions on September 23-25 fully. Students will receive a full refund of their deposit ONLY upon complete attendance on all 3 days. If you have questions or concerns, let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
Recent research studies evaluated by Yale University shows that SKY Breath Meditation was the most powerful and beneficial program for student mental health and well-being. Students reported improvements in six areas of well-being: depression, stress, mental health, mindfulness, positive affect, and social connectedness.
The Harvard study found that participants of the SKY program developed better sleep quality & resiliency against anticipatory stress.
- Learn powerful evidence-based meditation that brings clarity and calm
- Understand sources of stress and the power of breath-work
- Gain the ability to effectively manage stress, energy and negative emotions
- Experience tools to increase personal happiness!
- Increase social connection, enthusiasm, and inspiration
- Learn to deal with criticism and mistakes
- Increase capacity and self-confidence
- Develop greater equanimity