- You are here:
- GT Home
Tech Square Expansion Timeline
Timeline of Tech Square
- Georgia Tech President Wayne Clough announces Technology Square project.
- Technology Square opens with numerous Georgia Tech units, including, the Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC) and the Global Learning Center.
- Georgia Department of Transportation finishes Fifth Street Bridge renovations, which triples its width and creates a park-like setting.
- G.P. “Bud” Peterson is installed as Georgia Tech’s 11th president.
- InVenture Prize undergraduate invention competition launched.
- NCR Hosted Solutions Group opens in Centergy. Later expands to Biltmore.
- Panasonic Innovation Center opens.
- Global Center for Medical Innovation opens.
- ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas Research and Innovation Center opens.
- AT&T Foundry opens.
- The Home Depot Technology Center opens.
- Tech Square named “Outstanding Research Park” by the Association of University Research Parks.
- Georgia Tech receives “Innovation” award from the Association of Public Land Grant Universities.
- Coca Cola European Partners IT Development & Innovation Center opens.
- Southern Company Energy Innovation Center opens.
- Delta Air Lines innovation Center announced.
- Worldpay FinTech Accelerator at ATDC launched.
- Create-X undergraduate entrepreneurship program moves to Tech Square.
- ATDC launches ATDC @ programming in Savannah, Augusta and Athens.
- Keysight Technologies announces Keysight Software Development Center.
- Anthem Innovation Studio opens.
- Portman and Georgia Tech announce the $375 million Coda project, a 750,000-square-foot, mixed-use building that will expand Tech Square.
- Georgia Tech Foundation reaches agreement to acquire the Biltmore Hotel.
- Emerson opens the Helix Innovation Center at Georgia Tech.
- Honeywell announces software development center and plans to establish in Atlanta the global headquarters for its Honeywell Home and Building Technologies.
- UCB opens the UCB Solution Accelerator.
- Boeing Manufacturing Development Center opens
- Chick-fil-A opens an Innovation Satellite Office in the Biltmore.
- The Siemens Data Analytics and Applications Center opens.
- Engage Ventures is created and first cohort announced.
- ATDC launches the retail tech initiative.