- You are here:
- GT Home
Thursday, Feb. 13 (11:30 a.m.) — With weather conditions improving and temperatures expected to remain above freezing for most of Thursday, Georgia Tech will resume its normal campus operations on Friday, Feb. 14.
With the possibility of patchy ice on roadways Friday morning, allow extra time to travel to work. Anyone concerned about safety or road conditions in a particular area should work with supervisors or instructors to make appropriate arrangements.
Leadership will continue to monitor conditions throughout the day and evening. Any updates or changes to campus operations will be posted to the Georgia Tech website (www.gatech.edu) as well as its Facebook page (facebook.com/georgiatech) and its Twitter account (twitter.com/georgiatech).
Wednesday, Feb. 12 (12 p.m.) — An accumulation of ice on the roadways in the metro Atlanta area, combined with forecasts for additional sleet and snow this evening will keep the Georgia Tech campus closed for Thursday, Feb. 13.
- Tonight's basketball game vs. Boston College will be rescheduled. For updates, visit ramblinwreck.com or follow twitter.com/gtathletics.
- Due to closures, the deadline for reporting midterm grades has moved to Feb. 21 and the deadline for students to drop individual classes has moved to March 7. The Academic Calendar on the Registrar's website will be updated soon, followed by additional communication regarding class schedules.
- Georgia Tech Dining Services is well stocked to continue feeding students on its abbreviated schedule: Woodruff and Brittain Dining Halls will be open between 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- The Alumni Association's 2014 White and Gold Honors Gala, originally planned for Feb. 13, will be rescheduled for later this spring.
Tuesday, Feb. 11 (12 p.m.) — With extreme winter weather conditions expected to reach the metro Atlanta area this evening, Georgia Tech will remain closed for Wednesday, Feb. 12.
Other items of note:
- Currently, it is expected that Wednesday night's men's basketball game vs. Boston College will be played. This is in accordance with ACC rules.
- Dining Services will continue to serve students on an abbreviated schedule. Woodruff and Brittain Dining Halls will be open between 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. For updates, visit twitter.com/gtDining.
Monday, Feb. 10 (3:30 p.m.) — In response to severe winter weather forecasts for the metro Atlanta area, Georgia Tech has announced it will close its campus for Tuesday, Feb. 11. Classes and events planned for Monday afternoon and evening will occur as scheduled. Leadership will continue to monitor conditions in determining campus operations for Wednesday and beyond.
Campus residents note the following:
- Dining Services will scale back its operations. For Tuesday, Woodruff and Brittain Dining Halls will be open between 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. For updates, visit twitter.com/gtDining.
- The Library and Clough Commons will be closed.
- GT Transportation will continue on its normal schedule of operations unless road conditions become hazardous. For updates, visit twitter.com/gt_park_trans.
- Campus Recreation Center will observe normal hours of operation. For updates on group fitness classes or intramural sports, visit www.crc.gatech.edu.
February 10, 2014 – 11:30am
Georgia Tech's leadership is closely monitoring the weather reports for the winter storm expected to reach the metro Atlanta area in the early hours of Tuesday, Feb. 11. An announcement regarding any impact to campus operations will be made by 4 p.m. today.